I can't believe I was tagged as I thought I barely have "kakis" yet. So, U (tracy) made me feel accepted & that i'm part of the blogsphere, thanx !! And here I am fulfilling my obligation !! I am no exemption, just like all other husb & wife, we had very much of our downtimes too!
1. He has short & hot temper which creates much unnecessary havoc in our daily affairs (though i must say it has improved much throughout our marriage) .
2. Unable to self-control & raise his voice. Whenever he's not happy, it was all clearly shown in his black face..........dun know if this is call "truth & genuine" but definitely not so & irritates when you least expected it! He would ended up apologizing & all he could said was he can't control himself......but i said what for la????!
3. His teo chew egotism can be damn annoying! At times, he forgot i'm his wife & started treating me like his daughter......!!!!
4. He mumbles a lot instead of speaking loud & clear. So whenever I can't hear him clearly & started "ha" & "ha", he will get agitated, keep quiet & ignore me totally despite i kept asking leaving me "sam si si"/full of curiosity, so i started to bark him .........soon argument would start! At times, bcoz of this, miscommunication arises easily....
5. He sleeps too much. Whenever he's at home & there's nothing that bugs him, he would sleep, sleep, sleep & sleep not bothering to check if there's any house chores to attend to. I don't like it when he displays that he doesn't have any interest in anything besides sleeping....zzzzz!
6. He is damn blurdy "sluggish/slow" type. Or rather he's the more calm type so he likes to take his own sweet time doing things but unfortunately he's facing a hasty type of me here! Can u imagine he takes longer time than me in getting himself prepare for work in the morning? Most of the time I will have to wait for him. And I need to nag him several times (in a span of few weeks time) just to get him to fix a light bulb that needs a replacement. The little shelves we bought more than 3 months ago needed a drill to hang on the wall for good use but they were left in the store room until today, I've had enough of nagging & I don't bother now...........
7. Delayed apologizing. Whenever he was at fault, i think due to his egoism, he would not admit his mistake & apologize instantly. He would rather kept quiet & not do anything, keeping me waited & waited which really kill lots of good cells! Only when he & me had finally cool down & not wanting to stay put with my black face, he will do it!
8. He spoilt his boys a lot without realisation. He automatically confronted me (even infront of the kids) when I tried to reprimand/punish/discipline the boys & I need to remind him again & again that it was wrong to do that.........he said it's his auto-reaction woh !!...he can be so childish when comes to parenting!
9. Same as most of the wife, I dislike his snore too which was not the ordinary type (khor..khor..khor) but rather with add'nal tunes (wuu...fuu...puu...wii...) !!! But over time, i have became immune to it so much so that my brain treats it as a bed time lullaby, ke ke ke ke !!!
10. His lack of heart on me. As he knows that forgetting any of our "important dates" would mean disaster, he relies on his mobile phone/lap top to remind him of my b'day, valentine, anniversary & etc etc. I wonder if without those alarm, would he still remembers........but at least it still matters to him?? He would never give me surprises, instead would ask me what I want or ask me to buy myself & claim back from him!
Well after all the shootings above, I like Tracy's idea of penning down the "good" sides of the stories too coz after all he is what i call my dearest man:
- he is a superb daddy to his boys even beyond & above me but i rather this way than v.v. ;
- he's a 100% responsible family man.....his family comes on top of everything & he protects his family strongly no matter what even in times of fault......he he he;
- it was his nature instinct to assume all major decisions affecting the family (of course consulting me where necessary) .......and being the little me, i particularly like that idea of not having to burden my brain;
- he gave us (so far....) a comfy life, no major financial burden, no emotional & social stress, no house chore (got maid ma), chauffeur me to work, chauffeur us for leisure too ........, i won't forget at 3 months pregnant, he started to drive me to work daily until i delivered (my ofis in KL & his in PJ);
- he cooks most of the complicated dish (coz he's better at doing so) while i cook the simple ones plus he introduces lots of good food to me.......in return contributing to my weight gain;
- he will not bring up past issues for argument & a very much look-forward kind of person;
- due to his egotism, he is a very optimistic & confident person, he had his downtime in his carreer too but did not at all jeopardise any of his optimistic thinking in life;
- i myself is not easy to 'tahan' at times & can be quite difficult & annoying too but he can still stand me so what more to say;
- as our 7 years of marriage approaches, he is still willing to accompany me for shopping, i know not many huby is doing this;
- i consider him a good son-in-law to my parents coz while my other bro-in-laws couldn't be bothered, most of d time, he was the one that entertained & attended to my parents' affairs (sent mom to hospital for check up, chauffeured us to aunties' uncles' house for visit during CNY, most actively participate in family gatherings & etc etc)
- he cares & respects (hau soon) his parents though he only called his mom to wish "hapy mother's day" but not his dad coz i think the "ego son" head can't crash with "ego dad's"!! so to me, a son that cares for his mom would not go that bad....but he site his family a lot too;
eh.........the list still can carry on.......but enough la......after his teo chew ego fly high again !!!
Throught out the years, i'd learnt that marriage takes a lot of compromising, tolerating, understanding, communicating, luv & care to work!
And I have no one to tag leh....................???? But hope you enjoy reading !!!