Our precious twins

Lilypie Kids birthday PicLilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Saturday, November 17, 2007

The Influence of Blogging....

I was so so so tempted to eat "tong yuen"/glutinous rice ball dessert after reading this post from chinnee!! And i really meant it until i realised my desire today......

All i want to say was : THAT'S THE POWER OF BLOGGING!!

This was the first time i made the dough myself using the glutinous rice flour. It was EASY. Since i had stocks of edible colourings in the fridge, i was not hesitated to add to the temptations!
Isn't this more luring..........???
But once i washed my hands, i was kind of step back a little, you know why? These colourings were quite commonly seen on the shelf, I suppose it should be very safe but take a look at my hands, it was stained & not immediately washable with water & soup!! I can't believe my eyes.... what am i going to stuff in our stomachs?? but still thought we rarely use this in our recipe so once in a blue moon, nevermind lar....

The boys were excited helping/playing with the dough!!

ARGHH.........i need another bite already..........faster run to fridge now (wink wink)

Looks like my boys inherited my taste bud, heh !

4 comments:

Mummy to QiQi said...

Oh Jacss, I can't believe it that u go to such extend just after reading one post?

But I can see making these balls really creates lots of fun for the boys. Prob u want to extract "green colour" from the blended pandan leaves instead of using food coloring :p

slavemom said...

Agree with u.. blogging is indeed infectious. :D I try not to use too much coloring in home-cooked food too. I normally make the green colour like wat Chin Nee said. But eat in small amt, nvm lah.

JO-N said...

Haha. Never mind the stain. At least all of you had fun.

Jacss said...

yawoh cnee, after read yr post only such desire came & refuse to go until.....

mdmsaw: ok, next time will try to find natural coloring !!

jo-n: the pic looked fun but i had to shout & yell at times else, the dough balls gone all over the kitchen...hehehe